Our Research Reports provide detailed insight into the core technologies and IT issues most important to Interop ITX attendees. We surveyed our audience and the readers of InformationWeek, Network Computing, and Dark Reading, then produced comprehensive reports examining the challenges IT leaders are facing and the strategies they are implementing to achieve success.
2018 State of DevOps
The age of application-centric IT is upon us, requiring organizations to deploy and manage a greater number of applications more quickly than ever before. DevOps can help businesses more efficiently develop and get their apps into production, and implementation of DevOps practices has grown significantly year over year, according to Interop ITX and InformationWeek’s survey of technology decision-makers.
As adoption of DevOps increases, IT leaders are shifting their focus from overcoming organizational and cultural barriers to releasing high-quality applications at high speed and using specialized tools to do so.
This report explores our respondents’ DevOps initiatives and reveals:
- A large jump in DevOps adoption since 2017 survey results
- Increased pressure to release software at a faster pace is driving DevOps adoption
- High percentages of respondents are realizing improved performance as the result of implementing DevOps
- The most popular tools and products used by DevOps teams
2018 State of Cloud
Cloud adoption is growing, but how are organizations taking advantage of it? Interop ITX and InformationWeek surveyed technology decision-makers with titles such as CIO, CTO, IT manager and IT director, at North American companies on cloud computing usage and optimization strategies.
The state of the cloud is stratified, with different organizations taking three distinctly different paths to realize the benefits of the cloud. In this report:
- Understand the three paths and learn what the most widely-used cloud architectures are.
- For many organizations considering to adopt public cloud services - what is the biggest concern?
- Container adoption is on the rise but by how much?
- What are the four most important benefits of IaaS?
2018 State of Infrastructure
Successful companies invest in the future, and the future of many companies is digital. As they build tomorrow's digital businesses, IT leaders say they will have to overcome challenges including cost constraints, a skills gap, and data security requirements.
But the single greatest factor driving change in IT infrastructure is the rapid growth of data and data storage technology, fueled by initiatives in big data, Internet of Things, and data analytics. Find out how IT organizations are responding to increased demands for storing and managing data, along with:
- Overall IT infrastructure purchase plans
- Drivers and inhibitors to infrastructure modernization
- Data center technology plans
- Networking and wireless investments
State of IT
In today's technology-driven world, "innovation" has become a basic expectation. IT leaders are tasked with making technical magic, improving customer experience, and boosting the bottom line -- yet often without any increase to the IT budget. How are organizations striking the balance between new initiatives and cost control? Download our report to learn about the biggest challenges and how savvy IT executives are overcoming them. Find out more about:
- How IT organizations are executing on innovation
- The most important IT initiatives on the agenda today
- The technologies with the biggest potential for positive business impact
- The skills IT professionals need to survive and thrive
State of Data Analytics
Data-driven decision making and analytics technology is revolutionizing the way companies do business. Is your company differentiating itself with data, or falling behind? Download our report to find out how your peers are faring with analytics, learn about their most successful use cases, and discover the biggest challenges – not only managing in data itself, but with people, processes, technology, and culture. In addition, get real-world insights on:
- The top drivers and barriers to data analytics adoption
- The biggest success stories for analytics so far
- Top investments companies are making in data analytics tools and platforms
- How the cloud factors into data analytics initiatives
State of DevOps (2017 edition)
Are you ready to dive into DevOps? According to our survey, a larger majority of IT organizations are implementing or plan to implement DevOps within the next two years. Download the report to find out how and why your peers are taking the plunge, what their priorities are, and how they're measuring success. In addition, you'll learn:
- The top drivers and barriers to DevOps adoption
- How using DevOps is affecting enterprise software quality and time to market
- The top tools and products for enterprises usage and investments
State of the Cloud (2017 edition)
As the use of public cloud becomes a given, IT leaders must navigate the transition and advocate for management tools or architectures that allow them to realize the benefits they seek. Download this report to explore the issues and how to best leverage the cloud moving forward. Also in this report:
- The death of "virtualization=cloud": Learn why a collection of virtual machines no longer qualifies as a real cloud implementation
- Cloud management: What tools are users implementing and how well do they meet their needs?
- The future of cloud: Find out about serverless computing and functions-as-a-service, the hottest new trends in cloud