We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors, and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone. All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in UBM's sole discretion and the decision(s) of the UBM representatives on-site will be final.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior, materials, and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers or contact our Operations Manager at [email protected] and our General Manager at [email protected]ubm.com if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
It's difficult for us to imagine every scenario, so we ask that we all use common sense when evaluating unacceptable behavior.
- Unacceptable behaviors include intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendee of the event and related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Harassment includes offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; harassing materials, photography, or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, is provocative, or is otherwise potentially offensive.
- Participating in any physical, written, verbal, or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving, or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person that in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by UBM and its show management, in their sole discretion.
- Possessing any item that can be used as a weapon or may cause danger to others if used in a certain manner.
- Participating in any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials, or conduct, or any language, behavior, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Possessing any open can, bottle, or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol. Please drink responsibly.
- Possessing any illegal substance, including but not limited to narcotics, marijuana, or other illegal drugs. UBM does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the venue.
- Smoking other than in designated areas.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Failing to obey any rules or regulations of the venue.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
We expect all conference participants—event staff, sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, volunteers, and other guests—to abide by this code of conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
What To Do If You Witness Or Are Subjected To Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer or contact our Operations Manager at t[email protected] and our General Manager at [email protected]ubm.com as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
Event staff will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide an escort, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the Conference. You can report unacceptable behavior to any member of the staff. Staff members can be found in the show office on-site, or you may email our Operations Manager at t[email protected] and our General Manager at [email protected]ubm.com.
If you cannot reach an event organizer and/or it is an emergency, please call 911 and/or remove yourself from the situation.
The above policies may be revised at any time by UBM LLC and are nonnegotiable. This code of conduct is without prejudice to UBM LLC's rights, all of which it expressly reserves.