Sustainability at Informa Tech
Interop's Parent Company
At Informa, we achieve sustainable commercial success through thoughtful market focus and superior results for our customers. Being a sustainable business is central to how we run our events, make decisions, and do business every day.
Sustainability at Informa has five key pillars: content, our customers, the communities we work within, our colleagues and the environment.
Our continuing evolution of producing sustainable events is fueled by insight, innovation, and collaboration. We are proud of our commitment to having a positive environmental and social impact on both the communities and industries we work within.
We strive to raise awareness of sustainability issues among our suppliers, our customers, and the owners of the venues we use.
What Informa is Doing:
- Collaborating with our venues and general service contractors to compile data on the waste our events produce and the electricity our events use. We're studying the data to determine how we can improve from year to year.
- Printing as much signage as possible on recyclable materials.
- Ordering multiple-use carpet.
- Using Energy Star–rated projectors, monitors, and speakers; using LED lighting; and encouraging the use of LED lighting for booths.
- Partnering with charitable organizations and instituting wellness initiatives at our events.
We are committed to continually improving the sustainability of Interop and aim to stay at the forefront of driving change within the events industry.
- Interop organizers have partnered with leading environmental groups to help reduce the carbon footprint of the conference. We're inviting attendees to participate by making a contribution during registration which will be directly donated to offset the impact of travel to the event on the environment.
- We choose partners that value sustainability, such as Freeman, ETS AV, and Hilton Hotels, which has earned both the LEED and Green Seal environmental certications and is recognized for reducing waste and recycling soap for countries in need.
- We've completely eliminated conference guides and replaced them with a mobile app.
- We've reduced the total amount of printed materials and use recycled paper for materials we do print.
- We recycle our badges.
- We’ve replaced almost all foam core signage with signage made from 100% recycled cardboard substrate.
- We’ve eliminated paper speaker evaluations in favor of electronic feedback forms.
- We’ve eliminated plastic water bottles in meeting rooms in favor of using reusable water bottles.
Learn more about sustainability in Austin.