Interop ITX is pleased to announce a partnership with the DevOps Institute to offer a certification course for our attendees. This two-day program will allow attendees to earn a DevOps Foundation Certification while at the event, at no additional cost.
The course will take place over two full days, on Monday, April 30 and Tuesday, May 1. An All Access or Summits & Workshops Pass is required for access to the course.
Because attendees will need to complete a pre-class assignment before the first day, an RSVP is required. You can RSVP for the course by selecting "DevOps Certification Course" as your Workshop and Summit selection during the registration process.
This sixteen hour course provides an introduction to DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
At the end of the course, students will receive a code allowing them to take the online test free of charge, on their own time. Please note that you must attend both full days of the course in order to be eligible to take the test.
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business and IT
- Principles and practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways
- DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Improved work flows, communication and feedback loops
- Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
COURSE/ STUDENT MATERIALS:
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- DevOps - The Basics (pre-class resource)
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice quest ions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute; exams are delivered through an independent, global examination partner. The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
- Completion of pre-class assignment
- Familiarity with IT software development and operations responsibilities
- Anyone seeking an understanding of DevOps principles, practices and cultural considerations
- Organizations wanting to instill a common DevOps vocabulary and mindset
- Employees and managers responsible for leading DevOps transformations
- Consultants, internal and external suppliers
ABOUT THE DEVOPS INSTITUTE
The DevOps Institute is the continuous learning community around emerging DevOps practices. Working with recognized thought leaders and strategic examination partner PEOPLECERT, the DevOps Institutes is setting the quality standard for DevOps competency based qualifications. For more information about DOI, visit http://www.devopsinstitute.com.