November 10 | 10:00 am - 6:00 pm EST | 8 Hours
Introduces new and innovative ways to organize and manage value streams using DevOps practices. Tailored for those engaged in a DevOps evolution.
This one-day virtual instructor-led training, presented by DevOps Institute, will allow attendees to earn the DevOps Leader® Certification following the course. This course is for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps.
The DevOps Leader course is for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps. Leading people through a DevOps evolution requires new skills, tools, innovative thinking, and transformational leadership. Leaders up, down and across an organization must align and collaborate to break down silos and evolve the organization.
The course highlights the human dynamics of cultural change and equips participants with practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding Value Stream Mapping.
The course was developed by leveraging key DevOps leadership sources to extract real-life best practices in leading DevOps initiatives and has been designed to teach the key differences and emerging practices for DevOps ways of working through leadership in a fast-paced DevOps and Agile environment.
Participants will be engaged through the use of whiteboards for interactive diagrams and discussion, polling questions throughout, breakout activities and more. Attendees will be able to download their digital course materials beforehand including valuable post-training reference materials such as a list of value-added resources, DevOps glossary, sample exams and exam requirements document. Following the course, attendees will receive an exam voucher to take the DevOps Leader® certification exam.
What You'll Learn
The learning objectives for DOL include a practical understanding of:
- DevOps and time to value
- Mindset and mental models
- Key differences between DevOps IT and traditional IT
- Target operating models and organizational design
- Performance management, rewards and motivation
- Preparing investment cases
- Focusing on value outcomes
- Ideas for organizing workflows
- Empowerment and participation
- Defining meaningful metrics
- Value stream mapping
- Driving cultural and behavioral change
Who Should Attend
The target audience for the DevOps Leader course are professionals including:
- Anyone starting or leading a DevOps cultural transformation program
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Consultants
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Lean Coaches
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
- Eight (8) hours of virtual instructor-led training and facilitation
- Digital Learner Manual
- Digital post-class reference materials including:
- Value Added Resources (includes additional sources of reference materials such as videos, industry reports, blogs, articles, websites, case stories and books)
- DevOps Glossary
- Exam Requirements document
- Sample Exams
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Exam voucher for DevOps Leader® certification exam
An understanding and knowledge of common DevOps terminology and concepts and related work experience are recommended.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as a certified DevOps Leader®. The certification is governed and maintained by DevOps Institute.